Synergy Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Apply (currently not looking for applicants, PM me if u really want to apply)

Go down

How to Apply (currently not looking for applicants, PM me if u really want to apply) Empty How to Apply (currently not looking for applicants, PM me if u really want to apply)

Post  Delusion Sat May 22, 2010 9:26 am

Hello potential applicants,

I would like to give you a general idea of our clan before you apply. We don't plan on being a large clan, in fact I plan on restricting this clan to no more than 15 members. We play quite regularly, I make it a personal goal to play at least one game a day. We play in the mid-high skill bracket, we aren't competing with tournament level teams yet, and we still have games where we lose to higher level pubs. We by no means consider ourselves pro. We try to play scrims regularly. We constantly try to get better, we don't just play this game for fun, even though we all think it is fun. We play to win, and that means learning new strats, new builds, and new playstyles. We are mainly a USW clan and that is the general time zone we play in.

So I think that is our clan as best as I can summarize it in a paragraph. To move on I would like to let you know what we have to offer:
- A clan with players of every role. This means if you want to Carry, Support, Gank, Initiate, or any other role you can think of, then you get to. You may not get to play your favorite role Every single game, but most of the time we can make things work out.
- A vent server. Yes most clans have these, but communication is an important part of team play, and we provide it. It is located in L.A. but one of our players lives in Spain and it seems to work just fine with him.
- A clan Forum. Every clan should have a website in my opinion. The reason for this is announcements to the members. You can find everything you need to about our clan on our site. This means, new tournament info, vent server info, practicing times, scrims, strategies, or anything else hon related, is always available, to all our members.
- A learning experience. Unless you are good enough to win large cash prize HoN tournaments, chances are we can help you get better at HoN. We aren't afraid to tell you if there is something you could be doing better, and we hope you will do the same for our other members as well.
- Competition. Almost every weekend, we find scrims and play against other clans. We also compete in tournaments. We are not a clan that just pubs all day together. You will find us pubbing sometimes, but it is usually when we dont have 5 members on, or we can't find a scrim.
- I would love to make this last one a Rage-Free experience, but sadly HoN is a heated game. We all get mad when we are losing and frusturated when someone does something they shouldn't. While I try to moderate rage, it can still happen. But the one thing we won't tolerate is flaming. It's fine if you have to let some steam out about a bad team fight, or pinpoint what went wrong, even if it was just one persons fault. But if you start flaming a member for being bad, we don't want you here.

Here is what we want from you. During our last recruitment period, which lasted about a month we got around 100 applicants. Of all of these we only have about 4 additional members. Part of that may have been my fault for saying anyone could apply regardless of stats or experience. So now I am changing up the requirements, to be more specific of what we want:
- You must have a mic, and it must work properly (I cant even begin to describe how annoying aiwdoianwdoina sounds, every 5 seconds)
- You must have(or download) Ventrilo
- You must be willing to play on US servers
- You must have a psr of 1650+ (this is non negotiable, im sorry if you are 1649 because you lost some bad pub games, get your psr up, then apply)
- Your kd+ad must be 2.2+ (this means a .7 kd is acceptable if you ad is 1.5, so support players have no excuses whatsoever)
- You must have at least 15 games played (this is just so we know your stats are real, and not a figment of luck)
- You must have at least 2 times the minute counter in creep score(including neutrals is fine) This means if your average game length is 32 minutes. You must have at least 64 creep kills per game.
- You must have at least 4 denies per game
- You must have less than 20% Easy Mode. We are a non-EM clan. This means we will never play Easy Mode with you, not even once. If that is something you enjoy you should look elsewhere.
- You must play at least 3 games with us within the first week you apply. This may take some initiative, were not gonna take the time to find you in game or send you a message on the forums or wait for you if you are in a game so we can play with you. We expect you to join our vent, join or team channel and find us and ask to play a game. If you can't even take the initiative to join our channel and ask to play a game, we cant count on you to regularly practice with us and be there for tournaments. We limit our clan to 15 members and if you want to be one, initiative is important.

I realize this is a somewhat long list but in my experience if you are missing even one of these things, you will get denied anyway.

If you have read all this and want to apply, here is what to do. Go to our forums if you aren't already there, synergygaming.my-rpg.com . Create an account for our forums. Go to the Hon Applications section, and click the New Topic button. Title your new topic *your name* - Application, and include hte following:

Your name:
Your Age:
Do you have a working mic?
Please provide a link to your stats page -->:
Role you want to play:
Please provide a match ID number for a game you think you performed that role well -->:
Available times for playing (please post available times in the PST time zone):
Your goals for yourself and this clan:
Questions for us(optional):

Thanks,
Delusion

edit: We have made an official tryout time of 6 p.m. PST Thursday nights. If you want a tryout game, that is the best time to get one

Last edited by Delusion on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:14 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : not a sticky)
Delusion
Delusion
Admin

http://synergygaming.my-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum